WFMU DJs, some have argued, have an even greater tendency than most toward the potty-mouthery. Yet consider: is WFMU an acronym? Of course it's a fucking acronym!! With "F" and "U" built right in! So it's in our DNA. But of course, we more than you have to curb the urge, and Good God In Heaven, don't you know that it's hard!
And really, that's what we like about The Internet, whose sewage runs so deep those regulatory tentacles up on the hill just can't reach (mmm, yet). So we've gotcher Blue programs, right here! Innuendo! Bush-bashing! And your meat & potatoes dirty talk - it's all below, and it's Not Safe For Work, so quit your pussyfooting, look under the fold, and roll around in some of the muck we like to hurl...
- The Dirty Duck - our foul-mouthed (and tempered) waterfowl presents four complete radio shows' worth of songs and rants you just can't never play on the radio.
- Deadwood - Station Manager Ken labored long & hard to remove all non-essential (ie, clean) language from one episode of the HBO noir-western.
- Derek & Clive (mp3) - Yours truly performed a similar service upon Peter Cook and Dudley Moore's pinnacle of potty, "Come Again".
- Audio Kitchen (RM archive) - The Professor (of profanity!) serves up a nice nasty dish.
- Chris T - perhaps our most eloquent bringer of bile, Chris has not disappeared, he's merely gone underground.
Another fine repository of refuse is last summer's RNC Remix project. The Republicans came to town, and WFMU had a thing or 2 to say about that. Some highlights (all mp3 archives):
- F The CC - wherein Ken presents a bunch of songs that have gotten other radio stations in deep shit with the FCC.
- Conservative's Corner - Chris T and Listener Raad Man go completely fucking ballistic on each other. Sublime.
- Comedy - A few dirty words. Yeh-heh, heh-heh.
And just to, you know, really bring it down to playground level, you can go visit b3ta.com and make Buffy swear!! Or visit Irwin Chusid, and let Buffy (RM archive) make you do the swearing (mp3, expires 7/28/05).
For more on the topic of nazztiness, there's no reason to even leave the room - stay here.
Oh yeah, the acronym - my personal favorite is "Who Fucked My Understudy?", but your suggestions are quite welcome.