"You can't stop bloggers from launching an
allout attack on you or your business if that's what they decide to
do--but you can defend yourself." OK, that's what online business mag Forbes.com says here.
Tips include (paraphrased):
- Hire a watchdog company to spot smears to your company's good name and "stamp them out"
- Bribe other bloggers to build your own propaganda army out of commoners
- Play dirty: "Dig up dirt on your assailant and feed it to sympathetic bloggers"
- Threaten to sue the ISP under the DMCA. (After all, you're a corporation! You've got a nice juicy law like that written just for you. Use it!)
- Heck, sue the blogger. Who's going to fare worse being dragged through years of court hassles and expenses: An abstract entity with a ton of money (that's you), or a real human being?
Corporation as psychopath, anyone?