The Bucket of Smut is taking over Station Manager Ken's office, and mystery boxes keep arriving. Today's package was from Adam and Eve, which is a cool place for many reasons. Owner Phil Harvey started the business to raise money for family planning in Third-World countries; he's donated tens of millions of profits to HIV/AIDS programs overseas. The Regan administration's attempts to shut down Adam & Eve's North Carolina operations are detailed in Harvey's book The Government Vs. Erotica: The Siege of Adam & Eve.
The haul from Adam & Eve is a grand prize all by itself:
- Phallix functional erotic glass art. Translation: fancy pyrex dildo. Value: $200. (no kidding, and that's not including the velvety pillow/carrying case)
- Futurotic Lovers Kit. It's Futurotic. What more do you need to know? Value: $40.
- The Flicker vibrator promises "Orgasm In 5 Minutes…Or Your Money Back!", but you are getting this for free, so if it takes 10 minutes, too bad. Value: $30.
- 20" pink jelly double dildo scared me when I got to it at the bottom of the box, because it looked like a pink two-headed giant eel. Value: $40.
- Love whip. Value: $20.
- Sex fizzies and massage oil. Value: $20.
- Silicone Slims Self-Satisfier. "This little guy will be your best friend!" Value: $15.
The Bucket of Smut is now worth over $1,000! That's a lot of smut, people.
All you have to do to get in the running for this prize is pledge $65 or more to WFMU online, or by calling (800) 989-9368, by midnight March 12. Then send an email to amanda (at) wfmu (dot) org, mentioning the Bucket. We'll pick a winner after the marathon.
Thanks to Brian Gross/BSG PR, and Adam & Eve. Apple pic from Lord V on flickr.