It's official: This Week in Sex's marathon grand prize Bucket of Smut goes to Listener "Pirate" Theo. Arrgh! He's a devoted fan of all things WFMU, and told me a little more about his plans for the stuff he won than I really needed to know.
I like Listener Ted, as I call him, because he said, "You, Amanda, are charming." If I actually got to pick the winner myself, I might have picked him because of this, though he didn't compliment me that much until he won the prize, so I might have picked one of the people who said nice things earlier in the process.
Sorry to the losers, but thanks for playing. Remember, this is about sex, so most of the time you just don't get lucky.
Kitties. Online sexual material is obscene if anyone anywhere in the US says it is. I say this blog is about cute kitties. Say it with me: kitties.
Meat puppets. I like meat. I like cyborgs. I have mixed feelings about the meat cyborg.
Fun facts: "Severed penises are uncommon, but surgery usually works." And: "As long as the penis is placed on ice and reattached within a few hours, the success is usually pretty good." The operative word here: usually.
We must. The Bust Doctor is easy to use. (click on pic, right)
Firstly, spray special healthful liguid on bust.
After put on bust doctor, plug in and trun on switch button.
You can adjust vibration power by button.
15 minutes per day is efficient to make good shaping bust.
Straight? Unhappy? Spoiling for a lawsuit? Justin Watt's parody of the "Gay? Unhappy?" billboards for "reparative therapy" has gotten him involved in an intellectual property rights/freedom of speech battle.
I like big books and I cannot lie. "Baby Got Book."
Poker? I don't even know her. Poker chip condoms.
Da bears. The site is helpfully called Hairy Men Art. NSFW
DIY. It's safe to assume that the kind of people who use vibrators are the kind of people who would fix vibrators, because they're do-it-yourselfers.
Premarital sex loophole opening up for Orthodox Jews.
Smoke 'em if you got 'em. But not if you want to get 'em up.
Our boy Gonzo is making more naughty things. NSFW
Public toilets: I approve. But I am not uncrossing my legs yet--we've been hearing about this forever.
What are you wearing, luv? Nuffin'.
Notes from all over:
- Gay pride joins the parade in Pakistan, where homosexuality is tolerated though officially "the punishment for sodomy is life imprisonment, and sex outside marriage is punishable by death."
- Win a trip to Scotland by entering the Date a Hot Scot contest. It's no Bucket of Smut, but we can't all be Listener Ted.
- In Indonesia, the Islamic Prosperous Justice Party's attempts to limit porn are getting tripped up by vagueness about the difference between pornography, obscenity and eroticism.
- A proposal in Australia to make all ISP's filter all porn and provide "clean feeds" by default was rejected. The Australian government already bans all X-rated and restricted content from being hosted in Australia and requires age checks on all restricted material.
- Kids in China are getting sex ed and learning that they came from their mommy's womb, and not the street, where mommy said she picked them up.
- The dumb controversy in Canada about $150,000 spent on basic research into sex habits of flying squirrels is like something US politicians and tv blowhards would have a field day with. Everyone should settle down because it's just Canadian dollars they're talking about. That's like Monopoly money, right?
- Responding to South Dakota's statewide abortion ban, the Oglala Lakhota president on the Pine Ridge reservation says she'll provide access to sovereign tribal land for clinics.
Thanks to Ken, Matt, Steinski, everyone who got in the running for the Bucket of Smut (you are winners, and we love you), and everyone who donated to it.