Breast implants may have saved an Israeli woman's life. Shrapnel from a Hezbollah rocket attack was found "just inches" from her heart, trapped in a silicon force field. No word on whether the Israeli army is considering breast implants for the military.
Panty raid. I thought it was just kooky that Portland, Oregon panty thief Sung Koo Kim may face nine to eleven years in prison for stealing thousands of pairs of underwear from college dorm rooms, laundry rooms and campus-area apartments. But the funny stopped when I got to this:
When investigators searched Kim's Tigard bedroom, they found more than 3,400 pairs of underwear and other pieces of women's clothing, along with dryer lint and human hair, marked with information as to where the clothing was taken, and stuffed into boxes, duffel bags and backpacks. His home computer contained more than 40,000 pornographic images, mostly depicting rape, torture and killings.
Hang on..."His attorneys said psychiatrists who interviewed him indicated he was not violent but suffered from depression and an underwear fetish." Funny back on!
How to get out of jury duty in Brooklyn: jack off behind the vending machine. Downside: summonses for disorderly conduct, public lewdness and destruction of government property (the room's green carpet), and up to a year in prison and a fine if convicted. But still, no jury duty.
Fat celebrities. TWiS is a celeb-free zone, and also a making-fun-of-fat-free-zone, but we make a rare exception for photo-shopped fat celebs, because that's a whole 'nother thing.
The wonderful world of nature:
- Lovesick manatees, New York manatees: it's the summer of the manatees. Next: Manatees on a Plane?
- No more fun with the dead eel toss.
- Transexual hen: Anne Boylen, formerly a hen, grew a rooster comb and tail and pisses off rooster Henry III.
- Psychic predicts panda pregnancy.
- Dog wigs. "For any dog that has feeling, you know, a sexy dog."
- Dirty lyrics make you do dirty things, when you're 14.
- "The results are truly orgasmic." It's so cute when scientists get
excited. In this case, the objects of their lust are
synchroton-radiation X-ray tomographic microscopy scans of dinosaur fossil embryos.
- "All of the fun, none of the stink!" Brooklyn Botanic Garden corpse flower webcam and blog.
- The campaign to name an official New Jersey state dirt failed. The name of the kind of soil: downer. Who says Jersey has a public relations problem?
News of the nude:
- Man walks naked--except for cowboy hat and boots--to protest war. And hot weather.
- Naked man on the way to visit relatives loses clothes, car, teeth.
- Parade of topless porn stars gets the OK. Not in the U.S.
- Babbling naked man draws police to pot farm.
- Bar's nude women upset church.
- Top left pic: Carlee Fernandez in a bearskin. via artkrush
- Woman sticks to toilet in mall.
- Loaded gun found in bank bathroom.
- The Colon Cleansing Kit. It's what was for dinner.
U.S. culture wars: so over.
Iranian lesbian: gets asylum in Germany because homosexuality is against the law in Iran.
Because she can. Actual smut. NSFW
Thanks Ken and Zoe!