What's more righteous, more holy, and somewhat more fanatical than the stuff on YouTube? Why, it's GodTube, of course. A window into the world of bad Christian rock, really painful parodies, and bizarre moments of belief, the video sharing site features some of the favorites that Beware of the Blog has already tuned in to: Christian Clown Training, Baby Got Bible, and the infamous Atheist vs Banana speech. But unlike the heathens on YouTube, the content of GodTube is carefully monitored. You won't find the real crazies like the Pentecostal Holy Laughers, Donnie "totally fake" Davies, Rev. Ricky, and the likes of Gene Scott and the Cursing Preacher here. In fact, cursing in general is carefully guarded against on GodTube, as you can tell when you run across automatically censored words like embar!#ing and har^@!.
Still, the site is relatively new, and based on some of the clips I've already found, the future looks promising (other than the whole fact that the end of the world is coming). Here is a short article on how it all got started, and here are some of my favorite GodTube finds:
- Chatting With Charlie lamely attempts to argue against evolution and geography. He is totally blinded with Science, and about as convincing as this nervous teen.
- However, this terrifying masked man makes a truly heated case against logic that you could never refute. Update: He's gone from "featured" status to being 86'd, but you can still find him on YouTube, including his back and forth discussions GodTube. Charges of hoax have been vehemently denied, but I dunno...
- Holy not fun! Christian Youth Camp slingshots. Thiiis close to becoming a Faces of Death video.
- As expected, a completely misinformed history of Satanism.
- Whew - a truly exciting young firecracker of a preacher. "I'm paraphrasin' y'all!"
- Drugs! A moving rock ballad.
- A sample of a cheesy Christian video game. But one commentator complains, "LB games Management is 70% jewish.. so b!#*icaly.. this is a jewish game". Creeps.
- Pastor Al challenges the Easter Bunny. He's trying sooo hard to be funny that it just hurts.
- "Terrifyingly joyous dread" is better than sex. Honestly I have no idea what this guy is talking about, except that we are all dogs in heat. You hear that, Amanda?
- You can never get too much Power Team.
- Doctor: "I'll cut your heart open!". Young patient: "You'll find Jesus in there." A touching story.
- And if you think the users of GodTube aren't as exploitative as the YouTubers, check out how they are laughing at this crazy guy.
- Or head into the living room with these kids recreating Narnia.