I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped [9/11] happen.'
Grown men should not be having sex with prostitutes unless they are married to them.
It appears that America's anti-Biblical feminist movement is at last dying, thank God, and is possibly being replaced by a Christ-centered men's movement which may become the foundation for a desperately needed national spiritual awakening.
The idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country.
AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.
In other words, so long Jerry Falwell. Sorry you missed the apocalypse or the ascension or whatever it was you thought was going to be your fate. Here are some more Falwell quotes, though my favorite has to be attributed to a comment left at another blog which said: Here's a new one from today you can add to your list: "Jesus H. Christ it's hot down here!".
Sadly, I could find no Falwell "music" or sermons on the net this week. But let's stay in the spirit of mixing extremist philosophy and politics with some new songs from those who are even more frighteningly fanatical, the followers of Fred Phelps.
MP3 - Westboro Baptist, "This Land Is Fag Land"
Ever since Ken moved that Nirvana On 45 mp3 into his own personal top 40, I've been dying to hear some of the original Stars On. While the Beatles medley is the best known, how many remember their tribute to Stevie Wonder? Wait, are you sure "tribute" is the word they're looking for?
MP3 - Stars On, "In Tribute to Stevie Wonder"
And here are several cover versions of "These Days", including the rarely heard version by songwriter Jackson Browne himself. Nothing tops that sadly overplayed Nico song, at least the first time you ever hear it, and yet my favorite version is missing. So I share it with you here.
MP3 - Johnny Darrell, "These Days"
More MP3 finds after the jump.
- There is a huge hole in the middle of the uber-present 40 Year Old Virgin soundtrack, one that should have been filled by "You Don't Want Me Anymore".
- Crud Crud is completely in love with "Oh, No! No! No!" - and now so am I.
- Five songs that make those re-master reissues sometimes worth buying, even when you already have the darn albums.
- Check out the rocking psychedelic stylings of Ravi's nephew, Ananda Shankar.
- Someone please, save the bees! Perhaps some bee blues will help cure what ails them.
- Garage Hangover needs your help identifying this mystery jazz acetate.
- The list of all time greatest drinking songs finally hits the top 10.
- Hard to resist: young girls pretend to be interviewing the Cars circa 1982.
- FM's Black Noise is prog-rock, sure, but how awesome is "Slaughter In Robot Village"? Totally, that's how awesome.
- The complete Eurovision Song Contest, 1980. Yes, those glory years.