1. Various Artists - Soundboy Punishments (Skull Disco) Not only my favorite record of the year but the Ricardo Villalobos remix of "Blood On My Hands" is also my favorite track of the year. Simply stunning.
2. Studio - West Coast (Information)
Pulls me out of a bad mood every time.
3. Working For A Nuclear Free City - Businessmen & Ghosts (Deaf Dumb & Blind Recordings)
Great early 90s shoegaze/Madchester feel.
4. The Terminals - Last Days Of The Sun (Last Visible Dog)
Its been quite awhile since these guys put out a record and this one was well worth the wait.
5. Wiley - Playtime Is Over (Big Dada)
This should also include all of the Tunnel Vision mix tapes that Wiley put out this year.
6. Wooden Shjips - s/t (Holy Mountain)
The organ on "We Ask You to Ride" gets me grooving every time.
7. Deepchord Presents Echospace - The Coldest Season (Modern Love)
Will take a few listens to hook you, but it will.
8. Numbers - Now You Are This (Kill Rock Stars)
Dreamy, spacey, and fun.
9. Talibam! - Ordination Of The Globetrotting Conscripts (Azul Discographica)
I've never been able to describe these guys properly, but someone else has termed their music "shitstorm skronk". Works for me.
10. The Field - From Here We Go Sublime (Kompakt)
A record that I thought would be very hard to recreate in a live setting. I was proven wrong over the summer.
Click here for the Push Bin's playlists and audio archives.