Bronwyn C’s 2007 Top 10
1. “Ulrich Haarburste’s Novel of Roy Orbison Wrapped in Clingfilm” — Absolutely the greatest novel of the 21st century (so far). Google “Troubador Publishing Ltd.” and order your copy before the green American dollar becomes completely worthless overseas.
2. Jerry Ford U.S. Postage Stamps — My favorite president EVER. Still waiting for the Rudy King Jr. postage stamp, though.
3. “Lepechaun IV: In Space” — I saw about 45 minutes of this movie around Halloween, and it made me happier than anything I’d seen in a long time. I keep meaning to rent it so I can watch the whole thing.
4. The Greatest Sentence Ever Written — Lead sentence to a crime-news story in the NY Daily News, by reporter Scott Shifrel: “A baby jammed in a shoebox amid a swarm of cockroaches, a pile of drugs, and a loaded handgun was well cared for and loved, her teenage mother insisted as she was released from jail yesterday.” An entire novel in 36 words.
5. “Dae Jo Young” — Korean Broadcasting Sytem’s 100-plus-episode historical costume drama about the life of King Go of Balhae, circa late 7th century. Not as good as “Immortal Admiral Yi Soon Shin” but still pretty great. You can make up a fun drinking game based on every time Heuk Sudol says “Blasted Bastards!”
6. The Bacon Shawl — A chart for knitting or crocheting a shawl that looks like an enormous piece of bacon. From Monster Crochet.
7. Program Director Brian putting the latest Britney Spears’ CD into the station’s New Bin in a disguised, handmade cover under the name “Anna Elektronische” to see how many DJs would play it without realizing it was a prank. Genius!
9. DJ Mr. Billy Jam’s heroic board-op work during my live broadcast from the WFMU Record and CD Fair in November.
10. Our Boston Terrier, Henne’s Baxter Beans, got his CGC title on the first try! Yay!