1. Let's Not Be Sensible (2:15)
2. One Little World Apart (2:20)
3. Theme from a Summer Place (2:15)
4. Popsicles in Paris (2:04)
5. For the Last Time (2:10)
6. Your Dog (2:18)
7. MOA (1:29)
8. Laugh It Up (2:27)*
9. Nowhere to Go But Up (2:18)
10. This Ole House (2:14)*
11. London (Is a Little Bit All Right) (2:26)
12. Here's Love (2:13)*
13. Au Revoir (2:51)
14. The Sound of Money (2:28)*
15. Momma Momma Momma (2:01)
16. Yoshiko (2:13)
17. Everybody Says Don't (2:14)
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Because these 45s were all mono releases, these tracks link to stereo versions that were previously posted.
With the able assistance of Jim Maroney, here are the eight J's with Jamie singles released by Columbia in the early 1960s. Several of these A-sides appeared on full-length albums, including "Everybody Says Don't," which was part of the Columbia Special Products release, TWO SIDES OF THE J'S WITH JAMIE, which will be posted next week.
There's a tremendous variety of musical styles and moods represented in these tracks. "Au Revoir" is almost as heartbreaking as "Little Boy Blue" from THE REMARKABLE J'S WITH JAMIE, thanks to the sadness that flows from Jamie's voice. "London (Is a Little Bit All Right)" shows off the acting skills that had Broadway calling as the band slips into British character voices.
Two tracks deserve special mention. "Yoshiko" is the only J's with Jamie song ever released on CD, as part of the now-defunct Marginal Records release, WELCOME TO CHINATOWN - ORIENTAL "POPCORN" TRACKS VOLUME 1. It's also the song that Pizzicato Five fans often cite as an influence. If they ever make another Katamari Damacy game, Konami ought to license this one, as it fits beautifully with mainstream J-Pop.
"M.O.A." was included as a bonus track for the promotional release of "For the Last Time," added to the B-side. This salute to the Music Operators of America borrows the hook from "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" and adds some upbeat jazz in the background.
A full list of the singles and songs appears after the jump.
1. Let's Not Be Sensible / One Little World Apart
2. Theme from "A Summer Place" / Popsicles in Paris
3. For the Last Time / Your Dog, M.O.A.
4. Laugh It Up / Nowhere to Go But Up
5. This Ole House / London (Is a Little Bit All Right)
6. Here's Love / Au Revoir
7. The Sound of Money / Momma, Momma, Momma
8. Yoshiko / Everybody Says Don't
"Laugh It Up," "This Ole House," "Here's Love," and "The Sound of Money" can all be found on the stereo release, THE REMARKABLE J'S WITH JAMIE.
"The Sound of Money" also appears on the Columbia Special Products release, AMANA SIDE-BY-SIDE.